The XE-HDM makes it possible
for the substrate & media manufacturers to monitor the flattest
substrates being developed for the HDD industry.
By delivering the industry
lowest noise floor (less than 0.5 A) and combining it with True Non-Contact
Mode, the XE-HDM makes it possible to acquire consistent, repeatable,
and reproducible sub-nanoscale roughness measurements.
Suppliers to the HDD industry
are developing ultra-flat substrates to address the ever-increasing
need for reduced slider flying height. However, there has never been
a metrology tool capable of providing accurate and reliable measurements
for the sub-nanoscale roughness of these substrates.
The new XE-HDM significantly
increases throughput for the defect review process; test runs with
real defects demonstrate a 10x increase in throughput for defect review
in an automated process when compared with more traditional methods
of defect review.
Park Systems XE-HDM is
an automatic defect review AFM that speeds and improves the way defects
in HDD substrates and media are identified, scanned, and analyzed.
For researchers working
with hard disk media and other flat substrates, the process of
identifying nanoscale defects is time consuming with conventional
tools, hindering throughput.
Artifact Free Metrology by Crosstalk Elimination
• Unique decoupled XY scanning system provides a flat scanning stage
• Flat and linear XY scan removes artifacts from background curvature
• Accurate feature measurements with industry leading gauge statistics
• Superior tool to tool matching
True Non-Contact ModeTM and Longer Tip Life Reduces Cost of Ownership
• 10 times or longer tip life for general purpose & defect imaging
• Less tip wear for prolonged high-quality and high-resolution imaging
• Minimized sample damage or modification
• Immunity from parameter-dependent results observed in tapping imaging
Automatic Defect Review for Media and Substrates
• Automated survey scan of defects mapped by optical inspection tools
• Automated zoom-in scan of specified defects
• Automated profiling of imaged defect types
• Automated analysis of imaged defects
• HGA fixture and sample tilting stage (optional)
Nanotechnology Solutions Partner
• Trusted partnership with customers to meet the fast changing requirements
• Application specific solutions that maximize throughput
• Modular software and hardware platform enable rapid response